This institution established to study and establish spiritual unity of mankind, and goodwill. ACPR is situated in a calm and cool place of Belagavi and surrounded by plantation. It spreads in the area about 2 acres and 10 gunta of land. Building accommodated with Auditorium, Library, Seminar Room, Establishment and Publication section, Meditation room, Meeting room, Office, Menial staff quarter etc. The library is possessing more than 25000 books mainly related to Philosophy, religion.
ACPR Publishing English Quarterly journal ‘PATHWAY TO GOD,’ and published more than 60 books on philosophy and spiritualism in English, Hindi, Kannada Marathi languages for spreading Shri Gurudev’s message of peace and harmony among the people across the world.
Library is student friendly and open access library which provides more than 25000 books for students and readers. This is spacious and well furnished. Soft copies of selected books made available in the library. Also internet facility is provided.
Apart from the Auditorium, a seminar hall is provided to conduct scientific sessions for small group. This is well equipped with audio visual facilities.
This is well facilitated and well-ventilated hall of about 10,000 sq.ft. This provides accommodation for about 500 people. The hall is provided with audio visual facilities. The walls are decorated with the portraits of various religious philosophers.
This consists of office, visitor’s longue, meeting hall, chairman room, establishment and publication section etc.
Establishment and Publication section
Establishment section working with future plans, infrastructure development, maintenance. Publication section is identifying, verifying the books to be published/reprinted. Identifying and communicating resource persons of various philosophy and religion for books/article writing.
For the public who want to practice/perform meditation, a hall is provided where absolute silence is maintained.
Menial staff quarters
Provided resident in the premises for menial staff.
ACPR Mile Stones
- 1924 : Dr. R. D. Ranade started academy of Philosophy & Religion at Adhyatma Bhuan , Poona.
- 1925: The prospectus written by Gurudev Dr. R. D. Ranade, in 1925, would be a beacon of lighthouse for ACPR Belagavi, for implementation of the aims and objects of this institution in future course of action.
- 1930: A QUARTERLY JOURNAL named “A REVIEW OF PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGION “ With Prof. P. K. Gode and Prof. R. D. Ranade as editor was started from 1930 under the auspices of ACPR.
- 1952 , 7th March: H. H. Sir C.A. Patwardhan, the Rajasaheb of Sangli, in 1952 gifted and registered the Land where ACPR Belgaum is situated.
- 1952 , 19th September : ACPR, Belagavi is registered as public Trust in the Education & Research Category, with its Public Trust Reg. No. E-233 (BGM) OF 1952, UNDER Bombay public Trust Act .
- 1964 : Shri. B. D. Jatti, Finance minister laid corner stone of ACPR building.
- 1965 : Dr. S. Radhakrishanan, President of India inaugurated the ACPR, Belgaum.
- 1966 : Published first quarterly journal of ” Pathway to God “.
- 1978 : ACPR celebrated Silver jubilee .
- 2001: ACPR celebrated Golden jubilee.
Opening of Delhi chapter
1.The Board of Trustees of ACPR Belagavi by the Resolution No.4 dated 04/04/2015 unanimously resolved to open a center at New Delhi to spread the objective of the Academy in North India in the following address:
Academy of Comparative Philosophy & Religion,
C/o: Shri Manjunath Meled,
No.194-G, Garud Apartment,
PKT-4, MayurVihar, Phase I,
New Delhi – 110 091. India.
The inaugural function is at India International Centre, New Delhi on 10th December, 2015 between 06.00 p.m. to 09.00 p.m. The occasion is also deemed auspicious for the release of two books written by Gurudev Dr. R. D. Ranade.